Why is SEO important?
Most searchers do not go past the first page of search results - this is why it is important for your website to rank on the first page of Google.
Make contents about your niche and link it to your website
Optimize your Title Tag and Meta Description
Set up your Typedream site's Title Tag and Meta Description in Site Settings > Search Engine Optimization.
- Make your title interesting so everyone clicks
- Use numbers in your Title Tag to boost Click-thru Rate (CTR) as headlines with numbers get 36% more clicks
- Use title tag modifiers like "The current year", "Best", "Review", "Free Shipping", "Checklist"
- Include your keyword in the Title Tag and Meta Description. Read about experimenting with your keyword.
- Make an interesting title (include numbers, use Title Tag modifiers like "The current year", "Best")
- Include keyword in your Title Tag and Meta Description
Add your main keyword early on in your content
Aside from using your keyword a handful number of times, the location of the keyword also matters: make sure your site header/the top part of your page contains your keyword! This is because Google puts more weight on terms that appear on the top of a webpage.
- Repeat your keyword
- Location matters - use your keyword in the header
- Use your keyword in your URL
Experiment with your keywords
Changing keywords to the most relevant and high volume will increase Click-thru Rate (CTR) and position in search engines.
Search for keywords
Utilize these platforms to search for keywords
- Find a popular book on your niche on Amazon
- Look at the table of content. Every chapter title is a potential keyword idea
- Pop your keyword to your keyword research tool (like Semrush, Moz, etc.) and see how many searches came up with that keyword
- See the subreddits titles
- Find the keyword
- Pop it to your keyword research tool
- Type in a topic/keyword into Wikipedia
- Look at the other articles that the other articles on Wikipedia that the Wiki article links to. The anchor texts for these links can be great keywords
- Look at the table of content for keywords. Every chapter title is a potential keyword idea
- Pop it to your keyword research tool
Utilize Google Search Console to check which keywords work best
- Choose a keyword and check Google Search Console data after a couple days
- Experiment with a few other keywords and compare the Google Search Console data
Use Amazon, Reddit, or Wikipedia to look for keywordUtilize Google Search Console to see which keyword works best
Aside from creating backlinks from your own articles, you can do the following:
- White-hat backlink by doing old-fashioned email outreach for larger websites to link your article and for people to spread your link
- Broken link building:
- Find a site in your niche
- Use a broken link checker (like drlinkcheck.com, "Check My Links" Chrome Extension) to find a non-working link from the site
- Look for a content on your site that would make a good replacement for the broken link and reach out to the site owner
- Include links to your email list
- Include links to posts on your social media
- You can optimize how your website looks like when sharing on social medias by customizing the social media card
- Ask larger websites/blogs to link to your website
- Spread your link in social media and email list
Be thorough on your content
Expand your content as detailed as possible. Link your articles with relevant topics to one another. Read more about creating backlinks.
- 5 tips to build an audience
- What does Build in Public mean
- Pros and Cons of Build in Public
- How John went from no audience to a life-changing exit by building in public
- How to engage in the community
- Also, longer content tend to rank better than shorter content: when you create a high value resource, people would want to read it. The average first page result on Google
- contained 1,890 words.
Also, longer content tend to rank better than shorter content: when you create a high value resource, people would want to read it. The average first page result on Google contained 1,890 words.
- Expand your content
- Link your articles with relevant topics to one another
- Write 1,890 words of awesome things